A recent addition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Psycho-social recovery coach, was added after realizing the importance of mental well-being in the recovery plan of a participant. A psycho-social recovery coach is support available to people who have disabilities as a result of mental health issues. Under this service, the mental health specialist will help the participant make progress in their daily lives by providing non-clinical mental health services.
• A recovery coach will help you achieve your NDIS goals and aspirations
• They can make you a recovery plan to improve your independence skills
• They can be an emotional support to guide you through your tough times during the term of your plan. For instance, the coach will motivate you and help you with decision-making.
• Assist with the NDIS supports
• They can work with your clinical practitioner for better progress.
• They can put together and implement a recovery plan for you according to your needs.
The Recovery coach is a support staff that works closely with the participant and hence the understanding and smooth communication between the participant and the coach is the primary factor in achieving the purpose of this support. The recovery coach will need to conduct one or multiple sessions with the participant to share information and make an assessment. A Psycho-social recovery coach needs to be empathetic to the participant’s psyche. Hence, you need to be careful to choose the right person and provider for you.
Aastha community services is a registered NDIS provider who can deliver you the best NDIS Mental health support in Western Australia. We can provide you with recovery coaches who will collaborate with you to help you get the most out of your NDIS plan.